Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The last night.

Well. It's about 1am and I'm just finishing up the packing. I weighed one bag but honestly the kg scale confuses me and I'm not sure how much it should be and somehow I'm getting it all to the states, even if I pay the fee! Just don't care that much anymore, I can't do the impossible! :)

This past week has been full of strange goodbyes. I've never been good at goodbyes, I always do see-you-laters. Which in one sense is good, but in another I never REALLY feel like I'm leaving until after I'm gone and I have so much I wish I would have said. But in this case I honestly feel like it's a see-you-later much more than a goodbye. Paraguay has crept into every part of me and I'll always think of it as another home. Cheesy as it sounds, part of me really will always be here. In a mere 6 months I have grown to love the people, the school, the empanadas, even the crazy bus drivers I love just a little. Especially when I sit up front and they help me find where I'm going...

I'm sure I'm going to get back and everyone will get that glazed-over look real fast as I start talking about Paraguay and harping on my feelings on the state of the government, the economy, what people SHOULD do for developing countries, blahblahblah... But I can deal with that. :) I am so ready to get home and hug my friends and family and be in one of my best friends weddings, but when the craziness slows down I'm pretty sure I'll be wishing I could be back here in Lambare.

Please be praying for my flight as I head home- I think this is the first time I'm actually nervous about flying with all these plane wrecks happening...
Pray that I can get some decent rest to go full-force into wedding mode and seeing everyone!
Pray that I can readjust quickly and don't have too much reverse culture shock and that I can find a job quickly!!
And thanks for all your support and prayers over the past 6 months, I couldn't have done it without you!

Ya te extrano Paraguay. Espero para verte otra vez.

0 comments: